Jonathan Franzen was originally known for writing nonfiction, but when The Corrections was published in 2001, it became an international bestseller and won the National Book Award for fiction. His next novel, Freedom, was featured on the cover of Time magazine; The New York Times called it "a masterpiece of American fiction," and Oprah chose it as her book club pick. Crossroads, the first book in Franzen’s current project, A Key to All Mythologies, is a national bestseller and was named Best Book of the Year by former President Barack Obama, Newsweek, NPR, The Washington Post and is one of The New York Times 100 Notable Books of 2021.
Press the play button located in the center of the video player to activate the live stream. The live stream will begin approximately 30 minutes before the published time.
For best viewing experience, set your player to 1080 p or "Auto." if you experience buffering, reset the player to "720p." (click the bottom right corner labeled HD to make these changes).
If you have both audio and sound, but it appears that the event hasn't started within 5-7 minutes of start time, please be patient as the event may not start precisely at 7:30.
- Please make sure that the volume slider is at full.
- If you experience audio or video issues, please refresh your browser.
- Recommended browser for ideal viewing is Google Chrome.
- If using Microsoft Edge and video will not play, you will need to adjust your browser settings, or move to Chrome.
- Viewing is available on phone, tablet, or computer through an internet browser.
- if you continue to experience issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a more immediate response than you might in the chat.