Digestive Health Research Institute
2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland OH 44106-4952
The Case Western Reserve University Digestive Health Research Institute (DHRI) was established on July 1, 2015, under the leadership of Inaugural Director Fabio Cominelli, MD, PhD. The DHRI houses a robust organizational infrastructure capable of supporting and promoting interdisciplinary basic-science, translational and clinical research.
The mission of the Digestive Health Research Institute is threefold:
- Ensure a better future for patients struggling with devastating digestive diseases by translating novel basic science discoveries into our clinics
- Expose all levels of trainees to a meaningful research experience with the ultimate goal of promoting enhanced career interest in GI research
- Develop stewards of GI research in the communities we serve through collaboration, resource sharing and patient care.
The DHRI aims to equip and empower global leaders in digestive disease research and treatment to provide our most valuable stakeholders – patients – a cure.
Our core values are as follows:
Research Excellence and Impact
- Distinction in Research Programs, Publications, and Clinical Advance;
- Exceptional Training Programs to Sustain Future of Digestive Disease Research
Integrity and Transparency
- Rigorous Experimental Design & Execution Resulting in Reproducible Data
- Ethical and Efficient Action
Diversity and Inclusion
- Civil and Supportive Learning Environment
- Civic and International Engagement