Melissa A. Longstreth worked in various type of behavioral healthcare organizations from inpatient hospitalization to residential/rehabilitation and community-based services. During 25 years in the field, she held many positions and executed many responsibilities for the provision of care to people with co-occurring disorders, including program development, management, training, and supervision.
Ms. Longstreth has been an educator and trainer for the past 22 years and has designed and delivered courses for colleges and universities and behavioral healthcare organizations which provide mental health and addiction services. Her areas of expertise include the following:
- Clinical Supervision
- Staff Engagement and Retention
- Professional/ Workforce Development
- Implementation Strategies for Best Practices
- Interventions for Co-Occurring Disorders (mental health & substance abuse)
- Motivating Behavior Change
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Melissa A. Longstreth, earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Hiram College, Ohio and Master’s Degree from in Social Work from Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, CWRU, Ohio.