Northeast Ohio Project Prevent
The Research Associate will carry out, manage or lead research in social behavioral sciences for the Northeast Ohio Project Prevent at the Begun Center. The Northeast Ohio Project Prevent grant addresses pervasive violence, trauma, anxiety, and other mental health needs among youth within Cuyahoga County. The Begun Center is the grant evaluator on the project and will work closely with the Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio. This newly created position will serve as a Research Associate and will develop, implement and manage this evaluation project for the Begun Center. The ideal candidate will possess experience supporting all phases of research and evaluation with an emphasis on project management and building sponsor relations.
- Manage the day-to-day evaluation of Northeast Ohio Project Prevent and assist with comprehensive program evaluation, report preparation and writing.
- Track and follow up on daily project operations.
- Research and develop evaluation instruments and databases/spreadsheets and carry out complex on-going and new data analyses using SPSS statistical analysis software, REDCap, and Excel.
- Establish relationships with external partners and sponsors including local and state government, school districts, foundations, and non-profit community based agencies.
- Collect data during assessments, interviews, focus groups and observations.
- Develop and write grant proposals.
- Masters Degree or higher in the social sciences or relevant field required.
- Three years of experience working with sponsors and conducting or participating in program evaluations preferred.
- Highly organized with strong methodological skills, especially quantitative.
- Proficient with SPSS or related statistical packages.
- Ability to assist with the development and execution of non-profit program evaluations.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel), email and internet applications. Familiarity with applications or analytic supports such as Teleform, Qualtrics, NVivo, GIS, Data Query Language, and SPSS Syntax a definite plus.
- Able to work collaboratively in a small team environment.
- Able to work with limited supervision while being highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Experience responding to RFPs, writing competitive grant proposals and obtaining external grant funding a definite plus.
Daily contact with supervisor and research staff in the center. Occasional contact with other departments. Regular contact with community partners. Contact with student employees.
General office working conditions. May be required to occasionally attend an evening or weekend meeting.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In line with the values of Case Western Reserve University and the Mandel School for Applied Social Sciences, the Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research and Education is committed to developing, fostering, and celebrating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect for our employees and partners. These values are critical to everything we do, including conducting and disseminating research to help find, promote, and support solutions that make our communities healthier and safer. We aspire to be a team representative of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and free of discrimination.