- Trainer & Fidelity Specialist (Research Associate)
- Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Expert (Research Associate)
Trainer & Fidelity Specialist (Research Associate) (2 positions) | Center for Evidence-Based Practices
The CEBP is a technical assistance center with a mission to promote recovery among people with mental illness, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders through the implementation of evidence-based practices (EBP’s) and emerging best practices in behavioral healthcare. We promote knowledge development and implementation of EBP’s through programmatic and clinical consultation, training, and evaluation services and quality improvement consultation to organizations interested in implementing EBP’s. These practice models include but are not limited to Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Supported Employment/Individual Placement and Support (SE/IPS), Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT), Dual Disorder Capability (DDC).
This position functions under the direction of the CEBP leadership team with respect to needs, priorities, and role assignments as determined by current contractual obligations. Working under general supervision, the Clinical Trainer and Fidelity Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing training development, delivery and associated clinical guidance with the practice models endorsed by the CEBP. This position will also coordinate and conduct evaluation of EBP’s utilizing standardized fidelity tools for programs and systems that receive services from the CEBP. Evaluation efforts may include: limited consultation with programs and systems regarding implementation of EBP’s. This position will assist with reports to Ohio Department of Medicaid and other funding sources, EBP consultation and training as determined by the needs of the CEBP.
- Provide training development, delivery and associated clinical guidance with the practice models endorsed by the CEBP. Provide training at community mental health and substance abuse treatment organizations and in conjunction with local and State health authorities. Provide information about the evidence and emerging best practice models and the requisite steps associated with their implementation (50%)
- Participate in onsite fidelity evaluations, data collection and management including; review of program policy and procedures, staff interviews, staff meeting observation, front-line staff shadowing, consumer interviews and records reviews. (20%)
- Write evaluation reports; assist CEBP staff with writing evaluation reports, conduct review and editing of CEBP staff evaluation reports. (20%)
- Coordinate scheduling and documentation requests for fidelity evaluation related activities, conduct pre-site visit interviews, ensure all materials needed for the evaluation are provided to reviewers in advance of the review, ensure all reviewer evaluation documents are turned into the evaluation department in a timely manner, schedule consensus calls, track completion of consensus calls, and fidelity reports are provided to programs within contractual timelines. (8%)
Master’s Degree in behavioral health field required; independent license strongly preferred. At least three years' relevant experience.
Experience in practice models endorsed by the CEBP strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of behavioral healthcare systems and evidence-based practices for individuals with severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- Demonstrated evaluation and project management skills are required.
- Must be highly organized, self-directed, results-oriented, innovative and flexible.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Typical office working environment: Must be able to travel and have access to an operational vehicle. Ability to work beyond standard business hours to attend work-related events and functions.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Crystal Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Expert (Research Associate) | Center for Innovative Practices
An MST Expert will train; support and guide MST programs to help them effectively implement the Multisystemic Therapy treatment model. An MST Expert will provide training and guidance in the theory and application of MST to personnel involved with the MST program and who hold a variety of positions including clinicians, supervisors, administrators, and policy makers. With the direct support of an MST coach, the MST expert will provide to assigned MST programs weekly telephone consultation, ongoing training to the MST therapists and supervisors, and support regarding organizational and systems issues.
- Maintains expert knowledge of MST and its component parts. Engages in ongoing QA of expert's work and professional development processes with coach
- Provides weekly consultation for the equivalent of 10 teams implementing MST
- Provides training and support to MST supervisors and therapists on a regular and ongoing basis, documenting training and support activities via written development plans
- Conducts portions of Multisystemic Therapy 5-Day orientation as assigned
- Determines additional training needs of MST supervisors and teams. Coordinates quarterly booster training including scheduling, preparation of materials, communication with customer personnel regarding training logistics, and facilitating all activities required to successfully complete training and evaluation. Serves as a resource to supervisors and therapists for additional materials relevant to their training needs regarding research-proven interventions
- Engages in initial start-up and ongoing Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities with each team. With support of coach, assesses strengths and needs, and develops plans to address needs at the level of provider and community systems that impact the functioning of the MST program, including via PIRs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
The MST Expert will not have supervision responsibility for other CWRU staff. However, they are responsible for model adherence and oversight for each of the MST teams and supervisors that they provide consultation.
- Education/Licensing: Masters degree including Independent licensure with supervisory credential in one of the following disciplines: Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Psychologist
- Experience as an MST Supervisor, with evidence of success in that role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience. Prior experience providing community-based and home-based service delivery using systemic approaches to treatment preferable. Demonstrated ability to teach and make effective public presentations. Prior experience teaching professionals or graduate students preferable.
- Clinical competence in family therapy, behavior therapy, and child development
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with research literature on the causes, correlates, and treatments of delinquency desirable
- The MST Expert will be expected to perform with self-disciplined independence in an environment of ongoing accountability
- Strong leadership skills, approaches work with integrity and open to continuous learning
- Knowledge of state policies and children’s mental health initiatives.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions.
- Timely application for CEU’s, and turning in of sign in sheets, and training evaluations
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience utilizing videoconferencing technology
- Experience utilizing Excel and Power Point
General office working conditions at the Mandel School. Travel 35-50% of work time. May be required to attend an evening or weekend meeting occasionally.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In line with the values of Case Western Reserve University and the Mandel School for Applied Social Sciences, the Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research and Education is committed to developing, fostering, and celebrating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect for our employees and partners. These values are critical to everything we do, including conducting and disseminating research to help find, promote, and support solutions that make our communities healthier and safer. We aspire to be a team representative of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and free of discrimination.