Summer Term Enrollment FAQs

For more information on summer term, visit

From the Registrar's home page, select Schedule of Classes. Select the appropriate summer term from the "Term" drop-down menu.

Enter the four-letter subject code of the discipline you want to study. This is normally the first four letters of the subject (i.e. BIOL for biology). Click on the link, "Select Subject," for a complete list of Subject Codes.

Once the list of courses appears, click on the section link for the description of the course. Course descriptions can also be found in the General Bulletin.

Yes. It will be very important that you activate your email account as soon as possible. You will receive your tuition invoice via email and will be given access to Blackboard in addition to other services provided through the IT Department. Many professors communicate with students via email. It is recommended that you have your CWRU email forwarded to your current email address as well.

In order to take classes as a visiting student, you must complete the Visiting Undergraduate Student Summer Application‌. Return it via mail or email to:

Case Western Reserve University
Undergraduate Advising Support Office 
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-7028


Once the form has been completed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email in early April.

The first day to register for summer classes is usually in late March or early April. Visit the Registrar's website for the exact date. The dates for dropping or adding courses vary and are dependent upon the session selected. Students can register for a class up through the add/drop period of the session they are attending.

You can register online using our Student Information System (SIS). In order to use SIS, you will need to obtain a PIN (Personal Identification Number) from the Office of Undergraduate Studies to activate your CWRU network ID. Your PIN will only be available after you have completed the Visiting Undergraduate Student Summer Application and have received your email acceptance.

You do not have to pay when you register. Student Financial Services will send an invoice to you via email to your CWRU email account.

Yes. Visit the summer housing website to obtain an application. You may also contact University Housing for more information at 216.368.3780 or

Yes.  You should contact Access Services to find out what parking lots are available and the cost for a parking permit. You may reach them at 216.368.2273 or email

Yes. The CaseOneCard is your CWRU ID card. It can be obtained from Access Services located in the lower level of Crawford Hall on the Quad. It is important to get your ID card in order to access many buildings after hours, check items out of the library, use the athletic and recreational facilities in Veale Center, and to show that you are affiliated with the University. More information can be found at