Thank you for your interest in summer housing. We are excited that you will consider spending your summer in Cleveland and at Case Western Reserve University!
To be eligible to live in university summer student housing, you must be a Case Western Reserve undergraduate student registered for one of the following sessions: spring, summer, or fall 2020. (You do not have to be registered for summer classes.) May 2020 graduates are eligible for summer housing.
Occupancy is available for the entire summer, or for one of the summer class sessions:
- May term: May 8 - May 30
- 4-week session (1): May 31 -June 28
- 5-week session: May 31 - July 4
- 8-week session: May 31 -July 29
- 5-week + 4-week session: May 31 - August 2
- 6-week session: June 13 -July 29
- 4-week session (2): July 4 - August 2
- Entire summer: May 31 - August 2
University undergraduate students interested in short-term housing (other than the summer sessions listed above) should contact the Office of University Housing at 216.368.3780 or email@example.com to discuss their summer housing options.
Accommodations will be available for all students in the North Residential Village:
- The Village at 115
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones
Summer Meal Plan
Students will be able to sign up for a summer meal plan in Leutner Commons. Arrangements will be made for students living on south campus prior to moving to their summer housing assignment.
- 10 meals/week -- $1,950.00
- 14 meals/week -- $2,300.00
Application and Assignment Process
Applications now available on MyHousing - under the Actions section.
Applicants must select the period of occupancy, including any transition periods, and accept the summer residence hall agreement when the application is completed. Building and roommate preferences also can be submitted, though Housing cannot guarantee that all requests can be fulfilled.
For students whose Spring 2020 assignment is in summer housing, you will remain in your current space for the summer. Make sure to complete the summer housing application.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the summer. We will be making assignments starting the week of April 27. If you have a specific room type or roommate preference please submit your housing application by April 26. Students requesting the 6 week or 4 week (#2) housing session may be notified of their assignment approximately 2 weeks before that session begins.
Students will be able to submit summer housing roommate requests online at MyHousing. Guidelines for roommate requests are as follows:
- Create your roommate group by entering in each person's summer housing application number and authorization code.
- For Summer 2020, you may only request to live with 1 other individual.
- You are not guaranteed to be the only individuals living in your room/suite/apartment.
- Housing reserves the right to fill the open spaces in your room/suite/apartment.
- Coeducational groups must completely fill the apartment.
Summer housing assignments will be made based upon lifestyle characteristics and building preferences listed on the housing application, and roommate requests submitted online. Students will be notified of their summer housing assignment towards the end of April. If you have specific roommate preferences please submit your application by Sunday, April 26.
I Would Like to Live On Campus for Summer 2020 and...
- I will be living on campus for the entire summer
- I will be living on campus for a specific summer session
Nursing Students - Spring and Fall Intensive Course
Nursing students will receive specific emails from University Housing regarding the process for housing and room rates.