The CWRU Energy & Sustainability Office is partnering with Bike Cleveland for a beginner's bike education course to answer all your questions and help you feel confident to ride on the road in our urban setting.
First, a class with lunch from 11:00 -12:00 will inform attendees about urban cycling. At noon, attendees are encouraged to participate in an optional, community bike ride led by Bike Cleveland, departing from and returning to the STJ Res Hall from approximately 12:00 - 1:00pm.
- Lunch will be provided from 11:00 -12:00.
- To participate in the bike ride you must attend the 11:00 -12:00 education session and bike helmets are required. All bike ride participants will receive a bike light set, including head lamp and rear flasher.
- Please bring your bike to the STJ area prior to the lunch so that riders can depart quickly after the education session. Bike racks are available around STJ.
- A limited number of UHBikes bike share bikes can be made available, be sure when registering to check off that you would like to borrow one, UHBikes account required and normal riding fees will apply.
- A limited number of helmets will also be available to buy or borrow, again to indicate whether you need one when you register.
Thank you to CWRU Public Safety, Student Affairs, the CWRU Bike Committee and Bike Cleveland for partnering with the Office of Energy & Sustainability on this program.
Share on Facebook