Check out the Climate Action Network Website on Campus Groups here.
How the CWRU Climate Action Network Began:
"Culture Change for Climate Change" (CC4CC) was funded through a strategic investment by the University's Office of the Provost in 2020. One of eight campus-based "Seed" ideas, the primary goal of CC4CC was to harmonize and scale climate action at and by CWRU.
We are still striving to build connections and collaborations across campus and with our neighboring communities.
This collaborative project identified several work paths, including:
- Research: Led by Professors Cassi Pittman Claytor and Brian Gran, and Professor of Physics Cyrus Taylor, the research component of this effort is creating focus groups to establish the baseline of climate change attitudes and perspectives within CWRU and surrounding neighborhoods. Data will be analyzed to identify themes with which to articulate patterns and values on climate change, which will be used to inform longer-term actions.
- CWRU Climate Action Network: There are many climate change action and sustainability events happening across campus and with our communities. The CWRU Climate Action Network is working to provide the structure to connect interest with action, increase participation, amplify and connect actions and opportunities, and seed new actions.
- CWRU CAN is looking for future volunteer leaders, email if you are interested, specifically we envision having at least one faculty, one staff and one student co-lead.
- If you would like to be added to the CWRU Climate Action Network listserv, join through CWRU Google groups or email email@example.com with the subject "Add Me.
- Several sessions/meetings have been hosted and several pitch ideas have been presented and are being worked on.
- CWRU's first Climate Action Week in 2022 stemmed from this initiative.
- Support and capacity building for student group collaboration on and off campus around climate topics
The original leadership team included:
- Cassi Pittman Claytor
- Stephanie Corbett
- Grant Goodrich
- Brian Gran
- Matt Hodgetts
- Ina Martin
- Julian Rogers
- Cyrus Taylor
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions
Check out the Climate Action Network website on Campus Groups here.