The mission of Advancement Services is to support Case Western Reserve University's Alumni Relations and Fundraising programs and initiatives. This is accomplished by providing high-quality technology and information management services for advancement professionals in central university relations and in the individual schools.
Services provided include:
- Gifts processing
- Biographical maintenance
- Central files repository
- Prospect identification and research
- Prospect management and tracking
- Reporting and analysis and advance technical support
Ellucian Advance is the alumni/development software system used to manage and maintain data about alumni and friends of the university. The database contains biographical and philanthropic information on alumni, corporations, foundations, students, friends and other affiliates of the university. Ellucian Advance data is used by CWRU development and alumni affairs staff to maintain connections within the community that allow for relationship-building and fundraising. All new users of the program are required to attend training prior to accessing the confidential database.
Who We Support
The Department of Advancement Services works closely with many other departments on campus to assist in development and alumni affairs operations.
Departments supported include:
- The Annual Fund
- The Office of University Alumni Relations
- The Office of Planned Giving
- The Office of Donor Relations
- The Office of Government and Foundation Relations
- The Office of Community Relations
- The Office of Corporate Relations
- The alumni relations and development offices in each individual school.
In addition, we support the The Career Center and University Marketing & Communications, as they each communicate with alumni regarding upcoming events and newly created programs.