Learn about the research thrusts of the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University.
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: Building better materials for better therapies.
- Biomedical Imaging: Detecting life at the cellular and molecular levels.
- Neural Engineering and Rehabilitation: Stimulating the future of medicine.
- Artificial Intelligence (Big Data Analytics & Health Informatics): Artificial Intelligence/Health Informatics is a rapidly emerging field that applies computer and information science to health sciences research, education, and patient care.
- Biomechanics (Metabolomics & Systems Biology): In addition, the research interests of our primary and associate faculty include an extensive array of research programs involving, Cardiovascular Systems, Cardiac Bioelectricity, Biomechanical Systems, Biomedical Sensors, and Metabolic Systems.