How Do I...?

Please contact the Office of Planning and Design University Architect:

Michael Bruder
University Architect, Assistant Vice President of Design  
Case Western Reserve University
10620 Cedar Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
cell: 216.956.2530

Call the Customer Service Center.


CWRU has purchased next-generation software from Brightly Software called Asset Essentials (AE) for asset and work order management. Customer Service is currently in the process of migrating to this new work order system. AE will be used to submit electronic maintenance and custodial requests in the same manner you did in the SchoolDude Maintenance Direct system. AE will provide Customer Service and Facilities Services with more thorough detail and tracking of work requests and give requestors the ability to track work order progress from origination to completion.

The Customer Service Center is doing a phased rollout of Asset Essentials. Beginning June 26, 2023, Zone 1 buildings will no longer be available in Maintenance directory. All new work orders for Zone 1 will need to be phoned in or emailed to the below.

Additional information will be forthcoming including future rollout dates. Please contact the Customer Service Center at 216.368.2580 if you have any questions.

CWRU has 3 pest control maintenance contracts for the campus. Our academic campus and food service areas are serviced by ECOLAB, residential facilities are serviced by Central Exterminating and the property management buildings are serviced by TABS Pest Control. Contact the Customer Service Center at or 216.368.2580 to report a pest problem in academic or food service areas. Be prepared to provide your location (building, floor and room) along with any other details.

After reserving your event space, complete the Event Notification / Service Request Form to secure Facilities Services support (custodial, electrical, plumbing, grounds, carpentry support or HVAC controls monitoring) for your event. Email the completed form to the email address listed at the top of the form.

Environmental Health and Safety outlines how to safely dispose of various types of hazardous waste. 

RET3 is the recycling vendor who performs doorside pickup of electronic waste for recycling for CWRU faculty and staff. E-waste includes computers, computer cords, cell phones, printers, monitors, TVs and sometimes small broken appliances in addition to refrigerators. There is not a charge for most e-waste but some televisions and older monitors may have a charge to help defray hazardous materials recycling expenses. There is currently not an onsite solution for students to recycle e-waste, we encourage students to use community drop off locations for e-waste
Fill out this RET3 e-waste pickup request form and RET3 will contact you to arrange pickup and answer questions, generally within a few weeks.

Check to see if Habitat for Humanity's local Restore or the Stockpile in Canton are interested in doing a pickup for your materials. The Thwing garage sale also takes donations. Please contact Therese Geiger or the University Movers.

Do you see a scooter or bike that is blocking the sidewalk? Did you have a ride cut short due to a mechanical or technological issue? Call the vendor. Each scooter and bike has a vendor logo, 24-hour customer service phone number and device ID number. Call the phone number on the bike or scooter and report your issue.
If the issue is not addressed within 2 hours or is causing an immediate safety concern, dial 311 and report it to the City of Cleveland. General questions may be emailed to
Private bikes or scooters that are left in an unsafe location on CWRU property should be reported to the non-emergency dispatch number: 216.368.3300