A primary objective of waste management today is to protect the public and the environment from potentially harmful effects of waste. Some waste materials are normally safe but can become hazardous if not managed properly. In the university environment, you might come across a number of different types of waste. The following pages will walk you through how waste is classified, and how it needs to be properly disposed of.
What type of waste do you have?
- Chemical waste
- Household hazardous/Solid/Municipal waste
- Infectious waste (biological waste)
- Sharps of all types
- Radioactive waste
- Disposal of glass bottles
- Disposal of metal cans
- Reuse of containers
- Cleaning up Broken CFL/Mercury Lamps
- Hazardous Waste Compliance Posting
- RCRA Student Training Powerpoint
- EPA Satellite Accumulation Practice Exam