Organizational Frontlines, Marketing Analytics, Research Methodology
Organizational Frontlines Research: Studying and Enabling Effective Connections between Organizations and Consumers
- Academy of International Business. 2007 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Marketing, 2008 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Service Research, 2007 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of the Retailing, 2002 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1997 - Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 1993 - Present
- Tang, J. s., Lyytinen, K. J., Singh, J. (2019).
The Power of Negative Reviews on a Freemium Platform: An Event Study of Pay-for-Negative Regulation” (vol. Int'l Conference on Information Systems, 37 ed., ). Munich: AIS.
- Tang, J. S., Evans, J., Lyytinen, K. J., Singh, J. J. (2019).
“"IT leader effectiveness and knowledge use mechanisms for boundary spanning" (vol. 39 Int'l Conference on Information systems, ). Munich: AIS.
- Singh, S., Marinova, D., Singh, J., Evans, K. (2018).
Customer Query Handling in Sales Interactions: A Dynamic Analysis of Salesperson Effectiveness (vol. 46, issue 5, pp. 837-856). Journal of Academy of Marketing Science.
- Marinova, D., Singh, S., Singh, J. (2018).
Frontline Problem Solving Effectiveness: A Dynamic Analysis of Verbal and Nonverbal Cues (vol. 55, issue 2, pp. 178-192). Chicago: Journal of Marketing Research (available online).
- Singh, J., Brady, M., Arnold, T., Brown, T. (2017).
The Emergent Field of Organizational Frontlines (vol. 20, issue 1, pp. 3-11). Journal of Service Research.
- Zhu, F., Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2015).
Quality-Efficiency Trade-offs in Service Organizations: A SFA-based Approach with Application in Health Care Services AMA Winter Educators Conference.
- Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2014).
Consumer Decision to Upgrade or Downgrade a Service Membership (vol. 42, pp. 596-618). Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Singh, J. (2013).
Stemming Frontline Losses in Service Innovation Implementation (vol. 30, issue 5, pp. 10-20). Marketing Review St Gallen.
- Singh, J., Jayanti, R. (2013).
When Institutional Work Backfires: Organizational Control of Professional Work in the Pharmaceutical Industry (vol. 50, issue 5, pp. 900-929). Journal of Management Studies, Special Issue Professions and Institutions.
- Ye, J., Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2012).
Bottom-up Learning in Marketing Frontlines: Conceptualization, Processes, and Consequences (vol. 40, issue November, pp. 821-844). Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- Singh, J., Lentz, P., Nijssen, E. (2011).
First and Second Order Effects of Consumers’ Institutional Logics on Relationship Marketing Mechanisms: A Cross-Market Comparative Analysis (vol. 42, issue 2, pp. 307-333). Journal of International Business Studies.
- Jayanti, R., Singh, J. (2010).
Pragmatic Learning Theory: An Inquiry-Action Framework for Distributive Consumer Learning in Online Communities (vol. 36 (April), pp. 1058-1081). Journal of Consumer Research.
- Cardon, M., Wincent, J., Singh, J., Drnovsek, M. (2009).
The Nature and Experience of Entrepreneurial Passion (vol. 34, issue 3, pp. 511-532). Academy of Management Review.
- Marinova, D., Ye, J., Singh, J. (2008).
Do Frontline Mechanisms Matter? Impact of Quality and Productivity Orientations on Unit Revenue, Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction (vol. 72 (March), pp. 28-45). Journal of Marketing.
- Ye, J., Marinova, D., Singh, J. (2007).
Strategic Change Implementation and Performance Loss in the Front Lines (vol. 71 (October), pp. 156-171). Journal of Marketing.
- Cutler, L., Silvers, J., Singh, J., Tsai, A., Radcliffe, D. (2005).
Physician Decisions to Discontinue Long-Term Medications Using a Two Stage Framework: The Case of Growth Hormone Therapy (vol. 43, issue 12, pp. 1185-1193). Medical Care.
- Cron, W., Marshall, G., Singh, J., Spiro, R., Sujan, H. (2005).
Salesperson Selection, Training and Development: Trends, Implications and Research Opportunities (vol. 25, issue 2, pp. 123-136). Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 25th Anniversary Issue.
- Agustin, C., Singh, J. (2005).
Curvilinear Effects of Consumer Loyalty Determinants in Relational Exchanges (vol. 42 (February), pp. 96-108). Journal of Marketing Research.
- Singh, J., Cuttler, L., Silvers, J. (2004).
Toward Understanding Consumers' Role in Medical Decisions for Emerging Treatments: Issues, Framework, and Hypotheses (vol. 57, issue 9, pp. 1054-1065). Journal of Business Research.
- Singh, J., Arnold, T., Brady, M., Brown, T.
Synergies at the Intersection of Retailing and Organizational Frontlines Research Journal of Retailing.
- Singh, S., Marinova, D., Singh, J.
B2B E-Negotiations and Influence Tactics (vol. forthcoming, ). Journal of Marketing.
- Singh, J., Nambisan, S., Bridge, G., Brock, J.
One-Voice Strategy for Customer Engagement Journal of Service Research.
- Singh, J., Flaherty, K., Sohi, R., et, a.
Sales Profession and Professionals in the Age of Digitization and Artificial Technologies: Concepts, Priorities, and Questions Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management (available online).
- Ozkok, O., Singh, J., Bell, S., Lim, K.
Service Innovation from the Frontlines in Customer-Centric Organizations Handbook on Customer Centricity: Strategies for Building a Customer-Centric Organization.
- Ozkok, O., Bell, S., Singh, J., Lim, K.
Frontline Knowledge Networks in Open Collaboration Models for Service Innovation Academy of Marketing Science Review (available online).
- Sanger, S. S., Singh, J.
Expertise and Innovation: An Experimental Study with Senior Executives in Marketing-Oriented Organizations American Marketing Association Proceedings.
- Singh, J. OFR Symposium, "Organization Frontlines Research: What is it, and Why it Matter", AMA, (2017).
- Singh, J. Research Seminar Series, "Do Entrepreneurial Frontline Store Managers Help or Hurt Profitability", University of Melbourne, Australia. (2017).
- Niraj, R. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. 6th Great Lakes - NASMEI conference, "Revenue Impact of Positivity Ratio of User Generated Reviews", Great Lakes Institute of Management and North American Society for Marketing Education in India (NASMEI), Chennai, India. (2012).
- Singh, J. (AMA), "Navigating the Last Mile: JIBS 0691-2008-08", Doctoral Consortium, Frontiers in Service Marketing, (2012).
- Daniels, R. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. (Author Only), Berente, N. T. (Author Only) Academy of Management, "Dare to Build Trust in Times of Distrust: Findings from Banking, Healthcare and Retailing Industries", AoM, Montreal. (2010).
- Singh, J. (Presenter & Author) Academy of International Business Conference, "Developing Intermediate Constructs for International Comparative Research", AIB, (2010).
- Singh, J. Academy of Marketing Science, "When the Twain Meets: Scholarship at the Intersection of Theory and Practice", AMS, Portland, Oregon. (2010).
- Singh, J. Faculty and Doctoral Seminar Presentation, "Navigating the Last Mile", Weatherhead School of Management, Cleveland, OH. (2009).
- Zummersch, M. (Presenter & Author), Singh, J. (Author Only), Lynn, L. H. (Author Only), , . Academy of Management 2009 Annual Meetings, "Fits like a glove and on time: Why some innovation teams are more effective", Academy of Manaagement, (2009).
- Singh, J. AMA Winter Educators Conference, "Agency and Trust Mechanisms in Sales Management", AMA, (2009).
- Singh, J. Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, "Customer Connectivity and Organizational Frontlines", AMA, Atlanta, GA. (2009).
Jagdip Singh, PhD, is an internationally recognized scholar of organizational frontline effectiveness. Jagdip’s expertise involves designing, managing and sustaining effective and enduring customer connections at the frontlines of organizations.
Jagdip received the Case Western Reserve University’s John S. Diekhoff award for excellence in graduate teaching (1992), and a two-time winner of the Excellence in Doctoral Teaching and Mentoring award (2007 & 2017). Jagdip is also recipient of the Weatherhead School of Management’s Research Recognition Award for outstanding contributions to research in 1997 and again in 2018. In 2019, Jagdip was awarded the University’s Faculty Distinguished Research award, the highest honor for enduring and significant research impact. Also in 2019, Jagdip received the Lifetime Achievement award from the American Marketing Association’s SIG-Sales. Dr Singh has also received “Excellence in Reviewing” awards from the Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Retailing, and the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
Dr. Singh has edited a book for the Legend in Marketing series titled, “Marketing Theory: Philosophy of Science Foundations of Marketing,” contributed to several book chapters, and published in peer-reviewed journals including Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Consumer Research, Management Science, Journal of Management Studies, Psychological Assessment, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of the American Medical Association, Medical Care, and the Journal of Retailing.
- Lifetime Achievement Award-Sales SIG, American Marketing Association. (2019).
- Faculty Distinguished Research Award, Case Western Reserve University. (2019).
- Enduring Impact award for Research Excellence, Weatherhead School of Management. (2018).
- Doctoral Consortium Faculty Fellow, AMA-Sheth Foundation. (2011).
- Excellence in Doctoral Teaching & Mentoring Award, Weatherhead School of Management. (2007).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Retailing. (2005).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. (2002).
- Research Recognition Award for Excellence in Research, Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. (1997).
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Marketing. (1996).
- John S. Diekhoff Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Case Western Reserve University. (1992).