2016-2019 Diversity Strategic Action Plan
CWRU Diversity Strategic Action Plan Calls for Collaboration and Accountability To Reach Inclusion & Diversity Goals
The 2016-2019 Case Western Reserve University Diversity Strategic Action Plan (DSAP), Advancing Diversity and Inclusion: A Roadmap for Excellence at Case Western Reserve University, calls for increased visibility, accountability and collaboration as the university strives to fulfill its inclusion, diversity and equity goals. It continues to focus on the three goals outlined in the university’s first Diversity Strategic Action Plan, released in 2012:
1) Improved campus climate
2) Increased retention and recruitment of faculty, students and staff from underrepresented groups
3) Enhanced leveraging of university resources to advance diversity and inclusion
Goals included in the plan include:
- establish a diversity certificate program for faculty and staff to provide incentives for annual diversity training
- develop curricular offerings to support cross-cultural understanding and skills in working with diverse individuals and groups
- develop diversity workshops through graduate programs and professional schools to increase recruitment and retention of women and underrepresented faculty, staff and students.
- provide institutional financial support for faculty diversity recruitment and retention
- appoint a diversity leader for each CWRU school to assist deans and oversee diversity and inclusion programs, projects and initiatives
- require an annual review, assessment and progress reports on performance metrics for CWRU schools and UGEN (university general) divisions. UGEN refers to CWRU administrative offices, such as Office of Finance, General Counsel, Human Resources and others.
The DSAP can be downloaded here: 2016-2019 Diversity Strategic Action Plan
For questions or additional information about the DSAP, contact OIDEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.