An early arrival program designed to help underrepresented minority students visualize the rich future ahead of them at Case Western Reserve University.
Date: Friday, August 18 - Sunday, August 20
The inaugural Envision Weekend is a nearly 3 day residential program for underrepresented minority students (Hispanic/Latinx, African Americans, Native Americans / Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders and those of two or more races.) Envision Weekend prepares incoming first-year CWRU students for university life by providing educational workshops, engaging panel discussions and community-building activities before the start of the academic year. Envision Weekend affords first-year students an incredible opportunity to network, connect and build community with other first-year and upper-level students—all while gaining the tools and resources necessary to succeed at CWRU as an underrepresented minority (URM) student.
- Welcome Family Barbecue
- Community Building Activities with Other Incoming First-Year & Current Students
- Panel Discussions with Current Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni
- Breakout Workshops
- Social Events
- Parent Programming will be provided (further details will be available once application is received)
How to Attend:
- Deadline: Registration Form should be submitted by Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Eligibility: All incoming first-year students who are underrepresented minority students (Hispanic/Latinx, African Americans, Native Americans / Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders and those of two or more races.).
- Cost: This program is free to all incoming first-year students who are underrepresented minority students.
- Residence Hall: Students will move in early to their selected residence halls for the school year.
Envision Weekend Student Leaders are essential in the success of the program.
- Participate in one Envision Weekend Student Leader Information session and orientation
- Participate in all program activities for Envision Weekend
- Curate a welcoming and positive presence for all Envision Weekend participants and families
- Work with the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity to plan, promote and facilitate community building activities for Envision Weekend participants
- Lead, mentor, and communicate with a small group of Envision Weekend participants, throughout the weekend
- Attend one event with the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity throughout Discover Week
- Attend one event sponsored by the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity during the fall semester (i.e. Power of Diversity Lecture Series)
- Work and communicate with the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity to ensure a successful execution of Envision Weekend
- Serve as a Title IX Mandatory Reporter (you must report misconduct witnessed or reported)
- If needed, support one or two events during Discover Week
- Be in good judicial standing with all University offices including but not limited to The Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards and The Office of Equity
- Candidates on disciplinary probation with the university will be ineligible to hold an Envision Weekend Student Leader position. Candidates on deferred university probation will be eligible.
- Be in good academic standing with (minimum 2.0 GPA) with the university for Spring Semester 2023
- Demonstrate campus involvement, good interpersonal skills, and knowledge of the university’s structure, culture & climate related to underrepresented minority student experiences
- Able to fulfill all responsibilities and time commitments (limit outside meetings, classes, additional employment, etc.)
- Envision Weekend Student Leader Information Session (these sessions will be held in the summer and dates/times are TBA)
- Envision Weekend Student Leader Orientation (Thursday, August 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Envision Weekend (Friday, August 19, to Sunday, August 20)
- Envision Weekend Student Leaders will be compensated for their participation via a stipend of $200
- Envision Weekend Student Leaders will be provided meals for orientation, the early arrival program and Discover Week
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or G. Tiara Sargeant (email@example.com)
Applications must submitted by Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:59 PM