KAMM'S CORNERS, the intersection of Lorain and Rocky River Dr., is the hub of Cleveland's WEST PARK section. It is named for Oswald Kamm, who opened a grocery in 1875, and later a post office on the site occupied in 1994 by Tony's Restaurant. As postmaster of the Rockport post office prior to the creation of West Park from Rockport Twp., Kamm walked daily to the Nickel Plate Railroad Station in Rocky River to fetch the mail; the postmark on the letters read "Kamm's Ohio." Kamm's Corners became an interurban transfer point from the Cleveland Green Line to the Southwestern that traveled to Lorain and Elyria. The area, absorbed into West Park in 1900 and annexed to Cleveland in 1922, remained a shopping area in 1994.