The 150TH OHIO VOLUNTEER INFANTRY REGIMENT, 1864, contained 801 Cleveland men during its 100 days of service in the CIVIL WAR. The 150th, formerly the 29TH OHIO VOLUNTEER MILITIA, was raised by the CLEVELAND GRAYS, who took credit for raising 5 companies. The Grays enlisted for service as Co. A. After being organized and mustered in at Camp Cleveland (see CIVIL WAR CAMPS IN CLEVELAND) on 5 May 1864, the 150th was ordered to the defenses of Washington, DC, on 7 May 1864. It was assigned to the 1st Brigade, Haskin's Div., 22d Army Corps, from May-July 1864, to 7 forts of the defensive network around Washington. From July-August, the 150th remained in the defenses on garrison duty, assigned to the 2d Brigade, Haskin's 22d Army Corps, Defenses of Washington. It was mustered out at Camp Cleveland on 23 Aug. 1864. The regiment lost 2 enlisted men killed in action and 10 from disease.
Cannon, James. Memorial--150th Ohio--Co. K (1907). WRHS.
Gleason, William J. Historical Sketch of the 150th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1899).