Elif Batuman’s writing has been described as witty and concise. Her critically acclaimed collection, The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them, was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award and The New York Times praises the book as “hilarious, wide-ranging, erudite, and memorable.” Either/Or, the much-anticipated sequel to Elif’s Pulitzer Prize-nominated book, The Idiot, was released in March 2022.
The New York Times bestselling author, Gary Shteyngart, is known for writing satire. His first novel, The Russian Debutante’s Handbook, published in 2002, received the Stephen Crane Award for First Fiction and the National Jewish Book Award. Shteyngart’s second novel, Absurdistan, was named one best books of the year by Time, The Washington Post and the Chicago Tribune. His most recent novel, Our Country Friends, was released in November 2021.
Press the play button located in the center of the video player to activate the live stream. The live stream will begin approximately 30 minutes before the published time.
For best viewing experience, set your player to 1080 p or "Auto." if you experience buffering, reset the player to "720p." (click the bottom right corner labeled HD to make these changes).
If you have both audio and sound, but it appears that the event hasn't started within 5-7 minutes of start time, please be patient as the event may not start precisely at 7:30.
- Please make sure that the volume slider is at full.
- If you experience audio or video issues, please refresh your browser.
- Recommended browser for ideal viewing is Google Chrome.
- If using Microsoft Edge and video will not play, you will need to adjust your browser settings, or move to Chrome.
- Viewing is available on phone, tablet, or computer through an internet browser.
- if you continue to experience issues, please contact us at email@example.com and you will get a more immediate response than you might in the chat.