Important Dates and Deadlines
The items below should be completed as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to your graduate program:
As Soon As Possible
- Respond to the offer of admission online
- Submit Acceptance of Admission — Upon admission you received an email to look at your online account for the admissions decision; the link to accept or decline admission is contained within the letter in your application. If you have not accepted admission online, please do this now.
- Activate your CWRU Network ID — Your Network ID is your passport to CWRU’s networking and computing services including Student Information System, Google Apps, the Software Center and more. It is composed of your first, middle and last initials followed by numbers (e.g. abc123). Activate your ID using the online activation wizard. You will need your 7-digit Student ID number, which will be emailed to you when you are accepted into the program to which you applied.
- New Student Checklist — You will receive an email when the checklist is open for the semester. This checklist will help you keep track of what needs to be completed in order to make a smooth transition to CWRU. The checklist contains information on getting your ID card, parking, orientation registration, medical history, course registration, advisor information, financial information, computing, policies, procedures, and more. Bookmark this site to keep on top of the tasks that will help to get you set up as a student at Case Western Reserve. Regardless of when you receive access to the checklist, please complete as many items as possible. Also do not worry if the deadline has passed on a specific checklist item, just complete what you can.
- Find a Place to Live — Most grad students live in off-campus rental housing in Cleveland or one of the surrounding communities. The Graduate Life Living Off Campus section provides information on rental basics, off-campus housing listings, neighborhood connections, and more.
- Explore Your New Community! — Learn more about the arts and culture scene, sporting events, parks, festivals, shopping, student discounts, and more around Cleveland. You can also learn about getting around town, via shuttles, rapid train, car, bus, and air.
Important dates for students enrolling in Fall 2020
August 18 and 19, 2020 - School of Graduate Studies Orientation
August 21, 2020 - Department of Bioethics Orientation
August 24, 2020 - Fall Semester Begins
Each of Case Western Reserve University’s graduate schools and programs has different tuition and fee structures. In addition, they have associated fees. Learn how to manage your student account from tuition and fees to financial aid and more.