Go ahead. Ask!
We get plenty of questions. We have plenty of answers. Ask yours and check out others here.
One to One Fitness is owned and operated by Case Western Reserve University and we are open to the public. CWRU employees, students and affiliates receive discounted rates!
One to One is located at 2130 Adelbert Rd., Cleveland, OH 44106. We are on the CWRU side of Adelbert Rd., with a large banner on the front facing Adelbert, and a large wind turbine between our facility and the parking garage. Park in the garage and bring your ticket in for validation.
One to One Fitness offers validated, covered parking just next door at Veale Parking Garage (Lot 53) on the Case Western Reserve University campus. Turn into the driveway for the multi-level parking lot just south of our front door, by the large wind turbine.
Be sure to bring your ticket to be validated at our front desk. You can park for free for up to three hours weekdays or up to four hours on weekends.
Be sure to hang on to that ticket as that's the only way to get out without paying. We are not able to provide replacements, and we are not connected to the garage in any way.
We love that you want to set a great example for your children with your healthy lifestyle! One to One Fitness welcomes members 15 years old and up. A parent or legal guardian does need to sign for anyone under 18 years old.
One to One is a department of CWRU, as is the department of Athletics.
Athletics has two buildings on campus, the Veale Center (located near One to One) and the Wyant Athletic Center (on the north side (NRV), near the track). One to One Fitness manages the workout spaces within those facilities. The facilities are only open to CWRU ID holders.
- Veale Center: One to One manages the cardio room, weight rooms, and Donnell pool
- Wyant Athletic Center: One to One manages the upstairs fitness room. *The downstairs weight room is managed by Athletics
Yes! There is nothing worse than being ready to workout and realizing you forgot something. We have a proshop to provide you with the basics you might need. We have logo and plain apparel, socks, shower amenities, and more.
They also make great gift ideas for yourself or someone else!
In normal times, yes!
Everyone is welcome to join One to One as a member. However, during COVID-19 times, we are only allowing guests who are CWRU ID holders and affiliates of CWRU (if they have not travelled recently). We hope to be able to open our doors to everyone in the near future.
Remember, everyone is welcome to join us for virtual group exercise classes and training!
We have TONS of top-grade cardiovascular equipment located on two levels: treadmills, many different styles of bikes, many different styles of ellipticals, StepMills/StairMills, StairMasters, rowers, VersaClimbers and more. We feature equipment by Precor, Matrix, Octane, LifeFitness, StairMaster, StarTrak, Concept 2, and more.
We offer plenty of social distancing between users!
We have LOTS of strength training equipment!
- We have a dedicated free weight room, featuring 30 foot ceilings and all you need for your strength training needs: racks, benches, smith machine, dumbbells (up to 120 lbs), cable crossover, Hammer equipment and much more.
- We also offer two full selectorized machine weight circuits: a Matrix circuit and Hoist Roc It circuit.
Yes! One to One features a functional training area, complete with turf and sleds, pull up bars, plyo boxes, a variety of slam & medicine balls, battle rope, TRX, and so much more.
Group exercise classes are FREE with membership! Non-members are also welcome to join us with drop-in, 10-pack and monthly membership options as well.
Group classes are an excellent way to stay motivated, improve accountability, and work under the guidance of an exercise professional to ensure an effective and safe workout. We offer several options available for you to join us:
- In-person classes are held in our main exercise studio. Class size is limited for social distancing.
- Virtual classes are held via Zoom. All in-person classes are streamed live, and we have several others that are virtual-only classes.
- Recorded classes are perfect for the days you can't make class on time! Classes can be viewed for 24-hours after the class time.
Class registration is done through MINDBODY. Visit our group exercise page for more details and to view the schedule.
We manage the Donnell Pool at the Veale Center, which is about a 4 min. walk from our main facility.
- CWRU ID holders can access the pool for free.
- Non-CWRU ID holders can purchase a monthly pool membership (note, due to COVID-19, non-CWRU ID holders are not able to access the Veale Center at this time)
We also offer swim lessons! For more information, visit our Aquatics Center page.
We have a very small, indoor walking track located on the second level, above our free weight room. Built in the 1800's this is a very cool space, but also limited in space. The banked track is 36 laps to a mile.
Clean locker rooms are a priority for us!
In addition to cleanliness, you'll find lockers, showers, vanity area with amenities and a dry sauna. Daily lockers are available and feature a code lock. Simply enter a 4-digit code to lock and unlock it for your use. We also have lockers available for rent so you can leave personal items at the facility.
- Vanity amenities (hairdryers, hairspray, deodorant, razors, shaving cream) are not currently available.
- Please bring your own workout and bath towels to help limit the amount of laundry our staff is exposed on a regular basis. We do have towels available if you forget yours.
- Dry saunas are closed due to state guidelines
You are welcome to use your phone for music (with headphones) at anytime.
We ask that you please refrain from holding cell phone conversations use anywhere on the gym floor, in group exercise classes or in the locker room.
You may use cell phones for videos, etc. on cardio equipment, but please do not sit on weight equipment while using your phone. Be aware of others waiting to use the same equipment.
One to One Fitness has always been known for being the cleanest facility, even pre-COVID. Now, we are even more vigilant and ask you to help us uphold the standards our members expect., Wipes and cleaning towels/solution are provided throughout the facility.
Clean your equipment BEFORE (for your safety) and AFTER (for the safety of others) you use it. Wipe down all touch points (handles, upholstery, buttons, etc.). Use ONE wipe or towel per piece of equipment. Do not use your workout towel.
NEVER spray equipment directly if using a spray bottle. It can ruin electronics, buttons, guide rods, etc. Always spray the towel directly, and then wipe the equipment.
Yes! We pride ourselves on being clean, safe and orderly. Re-racking weights not only keeps the weight room tidy, it ensures all of our members can easily find the weights they are looking for! We appreciate you re-racking your weights after each use.
Don't forget to wipe down anything you touch in the free weight room, including dumbbells and plates!
Shoes are required in all areas of the facility.
- To help keep the facility clean, please do not wear your workout shoes outside during the winter or on rainy days.
- Workout shoes must be closed-toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals).
- Some classes will require you to remove your shoes. Please wear shoes into the classroom, then remove them for class.
- Shower shoes should be worn at all times in the locker room and showers.
Scrubs are not permitted in the facility.
We highly recommend checking out our Recovery Zone juice bar, the shakes and snacks are delicious! Try a meal replacement, recovery or lifestyle shake. We have low glycemic and low calorie options, along with options to help you build muscle.
Any drink on the exercise floor must be in a closed bottle.
Food is not permitted on the exercise floor or in the locker room.