- CWRU ID holders receive FREE access to the Veale Center, including Donnell Pool & open swim.
- One to One Fitness members (who are not CWRU ID holders) can receive access to the Veale Donnell Pool for only $29/month!
Suit Up for Open Swim
One to One Fitness Center manages the Donnell Pool, which is available for open swim. Donnell is a 6-lane, 25-yard pool open to CWRU students and employees, and any non-CWRU One to One Fitness member who purchases a pool membership or takes part in swim lessons.
Spring 2022 hours:
(Holiday Hours are adjusted based on the Veale Center hours and are listed below)
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
|Sat.-Sun.||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Holiday Open Swim Hours:
Mon. Jan. 3 through
Fri. Jan. 7
7:30-9 a.m. (instead of 7 a.m.)
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
4-7:45 p.m. (instead of 8 p.m.)
Sat. Jan. 8 &
Sun. Jan 9
Veale Center is closed
(no open swim)
Regular open swim hours resume Mon. Jan. 10.
Improve Your Skills with Swim Lessons
Whether you are a beginner swimmer or if you have been swimming for a long time and looking to perfect your technique, we are here to assist you!
Become a Certified Lifeguard
Open to the public, we offer Lifeguard certification courses which are 29.5 hours and by appointment. We are often hiring CWRU students for open swim and other aquatic programming services, so you can also join our team with a campus job!
Check out our FAQs!
- CWRU ID holders with access to Veale receive free access to the Donnell pool at Veale Center.
- Non-CWRU ID holders who are One to One members can purchase a pool membership for just an additional $29/month!
- Your first payment will be made at the One to One Fitness desk when you purchase your pool membership.
- Monthly billing will be made via credit card or EFT on the 1st of every month.
- Only active One to One Fitness Center members are eligible for the pool membership. Should you cancel your One to One membership, your pool membership and access will also be cancelled.
The pool is located in the Veale Center (behind One to One Fitness, next to the far side of the parking garage).
*Showers and lockers are not currently available due to COVID-19.
- CWRU ID holders:
- Present your CWRU ID at the security desk upon entering the Veale Center.
- Non-CWRU ID holders (One to One members)
- Pool members will check in at the security desk upon entering the Veale Center and present your membership card and photo ID on EVERY visit.
- New to the pool? Bring your copy of the Pool Access Form upon the first visit to Veale Center, along with photo I.D.
- One to One members should bring your own towel. Towels are not provided.
- There are a limited number of unassigned lockers available for daily use. Members should bring your own padlock and remove items daily.
- Please do not come to the pool if you, or anyone you have been around, has signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Masks/facial coverings are required in all areas except when in the pool.
- Pool can only be used when a Lifeguard is on duty or a scheduled class/program with instructor is in session.
- Swimmers should shower before entering the pool.
- During open swim, lanes are available on a first come first serve basis unless reserved for scheduled programming.
- No more than 3 swimmers per lane unless otherwise approved by the Lifeguard.
- Diving is not permitted unless with permission from guard and only in the 10ft depth area.
- Swimming is prohibited when infections, communicable disease or open wound(s) is/are present.