CWRU’s Annual Energy and Sustainability Contest will run from November 2 to November 16. This year’s theme is the Ecolympics and all students, on and off-campus, can participate for a chance to win!
The residence hall or Greek house with the highest combined points wins, points can be garnered by tallying the:
- greatest energy reduction,
- greatest number of pledge signers and
- greatest number of virtual event attendees over the two weeks...
...will win a planted fruit tree for their building, and a bamboo utensil kit for each hall resident.
All students, on or off campus can sign the contest pledge to personally reduce their environmental footprint and attend upcoming virtual sustainability events to garner points towards the contest. All students who sign the Sustainability Pledge will be entered into a raffle to win a card game or LED night light. 20 winners will be picked at the end of the contest.
Who can participate?
All residence halls and all Greek houses can participate in the energy savings event. But any student on or off campus can make the pledge, attend virtual events, and be entered to win a raffle prize.
How can you participate?
- Get your friends and suitemates to reduce your building’s electricity use by turning off the lights, taking the stairs, unplugging devices, or air drying clothes.
- Sign the 2020 Sustainability Pledge: https://tinyurl.com/sustainabilitycontestpledge
- Attend the events below and fill out this form to earn more points for your hall/house: https://forms.gle/gEBvdaG6qKwjy9vs7
- Vote in the General Election on November 3rd
- Midwest Climate Summit: November 6th
Attend a Friday Webinar, the Midwest Climate Summit, hosted by Ohio State and Washington University: St. Louis, on November 6th. Join us as experts from Ohio State and across the Midwest accelerate climate action, develop a Midwestern response and plan the next steps in solving our climate crisis. All sessions are free and open to the public but registration is required to gain entrance: https://midwestclimatesummit.wustl.edu/.
- Energy & Sustainability Office's Annual Big Green Event on Nov 10th, 4:30-6:00
How do I know who’s in the lead?
- Check the Office for Sustainability website weekly
- Standings will be announced on November 10th and the winner of the contest will be announced on November 17th
CWRU’s Climate Action Plan pledges reach climate neutrality by 2050 and your actions count now! We can’t wait to crown this year’s champion of the Ecolympics!
by Student Sustainability Ambassadors: Rhea Krishnan, Cora Lutes, and Andrew Yost