Final Contest Winners
We have a tie! Congratulations to Phi Sigma Rho and Village Houses 6 & 7. These buildings tied for first place with 89 points each! Village House 6/7 had a 17.87% energy reduction and Phi Sigma Rho had a 16.43% reduction over the 5 weeks. Thank you to everyone who participated in reducing their energy and signing the pledge, and congratulations to the 2023 winners!
CWRU’s Annual Energy and Sustainability Contest runs from November 3 to December 7, 2023. The winning hall/house will earn a grand prize!
- Students living in CWRU Res Halls and most Greek Houses can compete to see who can reduce their energy usage the most over the course of five weeks.
- All CWRU students can sign the pledge and attend events for the chance to win prizes.
- The residence hall or Greek house with the highest combined points wins, points can be garnered by tallying the:
- greatest electricity reduction (see live electricity dashboards below),
- greatest number of pledge signers per hall or house
Who can participate?
- Any student on or off campus can make the pledge.
- All residence halls and most university-owned Greek houses can participate in the electricity savings event.
How can you participate?
- Get your friends and suite-mates to reduce your building’s electricity use by turning off the lights, taking the stairs, unplugging devices, even air-drying clothes, etc.
- Sign up for the Sustainability Pledge
How will you know who’s in the lead?
- Check back to this Website, standings will be updated periodically throughout the contest, typically on Mondays
- Live building electricity dashboards are linked below
CWRU’s Climate Action Plan pledges reach climate neutrality by 2050 and your actions count now! Show us your Res Hall or Greek House deserves to reign supreme during this year's CWRU Unplugged Energy Contest!