Dr. Mary Sasmaz is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and has experience in both public accounting and the family office arena. Her career includes over 15 years of experience specializing in personal financial services.
Sasmaz has a specific interest in improving financial literacy among individuals of all ages. Her research interests include taxation and personal finance, accounting/tax/wealth management issues affecting entrepreneurial families, and organizational topics of mentoring and work life balance.
Sasmaz earned both her Ph.D. and Master of Accountancy from Case Western Reserve University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
Initially Appointed: 2005
- Foundations of Accounting I
Awards and Honors
- Best Review Award - 2022 AAA Ohio Region Meeting2022American Accounting Association
- Best Paper Award - Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Section - 2019 Mid-Atlantic Region2019American Accounting Association
- 2016 Research Advisory Board Grant Award2016Center For Audit Quality
- Fogarty, T. J., Sasmaz, M. B., Reinstein, A. (2021).
Is academic performance a zero-sum game? Exploring the nexus between research and education outcomes of U.S. accounting programs Advances in Accounting