The following fees are assessed for all credit card transactions where the user processes the payment themselves on a website:
- $0.57 per transaction and
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover – 3.15 percent of the total payment
- American Express and International transactions – 4.15 percent of the total payment
If a CWRU employee processes the payment for the user via the Quikpay CSR (Customer Service Representative) interface additional equipment will be necessary. The equipment is required to encrypt the credit card information and ensure a secure transaction. There are additional processing and equipment fees when utilizing the encryption devices.
The following fees will be assessed for all credit card transactions where a CWRU employee processes the payment for the user:
- $235 + Shipping and Handling for each P2PE encryption device
- Up to $25 monthly fee from the Quikpay vendor. This fee may be lower depending on how many users choose to install P2PE devices. Currently the cost is $20.00
- An additional $0.10 Transaction fee charged by the device vendor for the encryption services provided for each transaction.
Fees are assessed monthly and will be charged directly to your speedtype by the General Accounting Office. No monthly access fees will be charged. Fees will be reviewed and adjusted annually to be sure they cover monthly merchant fees incurred by the university.
Departments that accept credit card payments cannot pass transaction fees onto the customer. Customers must be charged the same amount for the service or merchandise regardless of payment method (cash, check, credit card) according to our merchant agreements.