Continuing Students

Students continuing at CWRU must re-apply for need-based financial aid annually. Academic scholarships are renewed provided the recipient maintains good academic standing as determined by the Office of Undergraduate Studies. However, students must re-apply for need-based financial aid, including CWRU Grant, Federal Pell and SEOG Grants, Federal Work-Study, Federal Direct or University loans.

To re-apply for need-based financial aid, you must submit the following by March 1

  1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. The CWRU Financial Aid Form available via the My Financial Aid portal
  3. The CSS Profile (only for students who entered the university as undergraduates in or after the Spring or Fall of 2017)

In some cases, additional documents will be required of students after filing the FAFSA and/or the CSS Profile applications. All students can view what documents are required via the My Financial Aid portal. Any additional documents required should be submitted no later than April 1.

The continuation of undergraduate financial aid eligibility requires all students to maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by our institutional policy with respect to completion of academic units and minimum GPA requirements. 

Cost of Attendance

Continuing students’ cost of attendance includes tuition and fees as well as an estimate of on-campus room and board, personal expenses and miscellaneous costs. For the exact cost of undergraduate tuition and fees, please refer to the chart provided by Student Financial Services. On-campus room and board costs are dependent upon the building and room selected as well as your selected meal plan and CaseCash.

The cost of attendance for on-campus housing is based on the cost of the most available housing according to class year.

A student who chooses to live off-campus, for other than a documented medical reason, will have their grant eligibility reduced by $13,200 for the 2017-2018 academic year.  Private education loans and/or Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) may be available to assist with the reduction of grant eligibility. 

Resident Assistants

If you receive RA compensation and your financial need has been met, the value of the free room and stipend will first replace loan or student employment previously awarded. It can be the case that a student earning money as a resident assistant will have their need-based grant reduced as they realize an increase in resources as part of their financial aid package.