Currently, single sign-on is not enabled for employer accounts. To set-up your account use your case email and create a password with a minimum of 12 characters. Thus, individuals with an employer account will want to sign in by going to (https://app.joinhandshake.com/login) and using the credential created during registration.
Posting a Job
Instructions for posting a job in Handshake can be found here. Please also review these guidelines:
- Select, “Apply in Handshake” for “Where should students submit their application?”
- Enter the job title (if the position requires work-study) include “Work Study eligibility required” with the title.
- Leave “Company Division” blank. Select “Name” under “display your contact information to students."
- Select “On Campus Student Employment” for “Job Type” Select “Part-Time” for “Employment Type.”
- Select “Temporary/Seasonal,” for “Duration” and enter a start and end date.
- Select “No” for “Is this a Work Study Job?” (Please put this requirement in the title).
- Your description must contain location of building and room number, along with contact information, ie; phone number and email address.
- You must make a selection for “Job roles” if you cannot find a match, select what is most suitable for the job role.
- Indicate how many student you expect to hire for this position.
- All positions should be marked “Paid”. Enter a rate of pay. Student rate of pay begins at $9.20.
- Enter Cleveland, Ohio for “Job location.”
- Under “Required Documents” please check the box next to “Other Document” (you can make other selections as well) and include this message for students:
- Please complete and submit with your other application materials the Student Employment Application form (available in the "resources" section of Handshake).
- You may narrow your search by:
- Year of graduation
- Academic status
- GPA & Major
- You may add additional recipients to receive applicant package.
- Under “Job Postings” select “Add Favorite Schools” Case Western Reserve University should appear below.
- Be sure to apply the start and expiration date of the posting.
- You have the option of previewing the posting before you save it, allowing you to edit if necessary.
Once you’ve submitted a job posting, the Office of Student Employment will review and approve within two business days.
Please do not contact the UTech Help Desk regarding Handshake.