Handshake is the system for CWRU departments to list on-campus jobs for students. Please bear in mind that it is also used by external employers who are posting internship/co-op/full-time job opportunities for CWRU students and alumni. Lots of CWRU departments list jobs under the umbrella of Case Western Reserve University. To start, create your "Employer" account by using your CWRU email with a password (minimum of 12 characters). Additional steps are noted below.
Posting a Job
Instructions for posting a job in Handshake can be found here. Please also review these guidelines:
- Select, “Apply in Handshake” for “Where should students submit their application?”
- Enter the job title (if the position requires work-study) include “Work Study eligibility required” with the title.
- Leave “Company Division” blank. Select “Name” under “display your contact information to students."
- Select “On Campus Student Employment” for “Job Type” Select “Part-Time” for “Employment Type.”
- Select “Temporary/Seasonal,” for “Duration” and enter a start and end date.
- Select “No” for “Is this a Work Study Job?” (Please put this requirement in the title).
- Your description must contain location of building and room number, along with contact information, ie; phone number and email address.
- Indicate how many student you expect to hire for this position.
- All positions should be marked “Paid”. Enter a rate of pay. Student rate of pay begins at $9.20.
- Enter Cleveland, Ohio for “Job location.”
- Under “Required Documents” please check the box next to “Other Document” (you can make other selections as well) and include this message for students:
- Please complete and submit with your other application materials the Student Employment Application form (available in the "resources" section of Handshake).
- You may narrow your search by:
- Year of graduation
- Academic status
- GPA & Major
- You may add additional recipients to receive applicant package.
- Under “Job Postings” select “Add Favorite Schools” Case Western Reserve University should appear below.
- Be sure to apply the start and expiration date of the posting.
- You have the option of previewing the posting before you save it, allowing you to edit if necessary.
Please do not contact the UTech Help Desk regarding Handshake.