Student Employment Forms

Many of the forms typically requested by the Office of Student Employment are available below for viewing or downloading. Any information submitted to the office on these forms is completely confidential.

Not all the forms listed below apply to every student. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the forms you should fill out, or any other documentation requested by our office, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Forms for Students

An overview of CWRU's work-study offerings and requirements.

Student Employment Packet

A student seeking a Federal Work-Study position or on-campus employment must complete the following. View instructions for completing the I-9.

Instructions for On-campus process and submission of the Employment Packet

Instructions for Setting Up Direct Deposits of Payroll Checks

Direct deposit is the university's preferred method of payment for earnings. This guide explains how to use online direct deposit in the Case Western Reserve University HCM system.

Forms for Hiring Departments

Th Hire/Rehire form is used by the employing department to complete the hiring process for all new hires or rehires of hourly student employees. Employers may also use this form to report maintenance changes related to the student's position as they occur. Submit the completed and signed form to the Office of Student Employment by fax to 216.368.5054, email or campus mail location code 7049.

For your convenience, the list of Job Codes is available online. Students working on campus for the first time must complete the ‌ with the Office of Student Employment before the hiring process is complete and meet eligibility requirements under the work program. This can be verified by the Student Employment Office.

  • Student Employee Evaluation
    This form may be submitted by a supervisor if he or she wishes to request an incremental increase in pay for a student. Merit increases are intended to recognize superior job performance, increased responsibilities or a combination of these, within the same job. Generally a student should not be considered for a merit increase until he or she has been employed in the department for at least six months. A review of the student’s overall performance is recommended and should be documented in writing to the Office of Student Employment for approval.

  • Payment Request Form
    This form must be completed by supervisors who wish to request a one-time lump-sum payment for a student. This is used when the student does a short project and will not be working for that supervisor on a continuing basis.