Studying abroad provides a life-changing opportunity for CWRU students, impacting them personally, professionally and of course, academically. When students return home from their program, they are often eager to share their experiences with their peers. Here is a collection of study abroad students' stories and perspectives.
Study Abroad Blogs/Videos
Some of our students share their study abroad experience as its happening by writing blogs detailing what it's like navigating a new country and culture, others speak about and record their stories later. A compilation can be found below.
- Thomas Hotaling - Galápagos Islands
- Henry Bendon - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Sydney Wagner - Venezuela
- Kayele Silue - UC3M, Spain and University of Sharjah, UAE
- Kiana Loo - Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Grace Moran - Vienna, Austria
- Tobili Hatcher - Yonsei University Seoul, South Korea
- Geneva Magsino - Dakar, Senegal
- Alayna Klco - Ecuador
- Includes interviews with Rob Stall, Executive Director of International Operations at the Cleveland Clinic and David Fleshler, Vice Provost for International Affairs at CWRU
Do you have a study abroad story, blog or video to share? Contact Assistant Director of Education Abroad Autumn Beechler Stebing at email@example.com
Study Abroad on Social Media
Follow CWRU Study Abroad on Instagram, Facebook--including our Facebook group for study abroad students--and CampusGroups to see student photos, hear student stories, and explore the study abroad experience through your screen, until you're there yourself, that is!
We are also highly recommend you sign up for our biweekly Think: Study Abroad newsletter to stay ahead of due dates, scholarship opportunities, events, announcements and more.
Are you currently abroad or about to be and interested in doing an Instagram Takeover of the CWRUStudyAbroad account? See if you've got what it takes to showcase study abroad on IG!
Our Global Perspectives feature interviews with CWRU students who have returned from studying abroad and answer questions about how they chose their program, what it was like to live and learn in another country and how the experience has changed their worldview. Check them out here.