Some majors, departments and specializations at CWRU have created four-year plans that include a semester abroad or have identified preferred programs for their students to help facilitate study abroad course transfer. These plans and programs are listed below.
Case School of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Preferred Programs
The Chemical Engineering Laboratory in Denmark summer program at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) awards CWRU credit for ECHE 362D
College of Arts and Sciences
- Ancient Near Eastern and Egyptian Studies pre-approved courses at the American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Theater Studies Preferred Program at the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art, UK
- Theater Studies Preferred Program at the Lir, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Weatherhead School of Management
- Pathways detailing how to study abroad as a pre-med and ensure medical school-required biology, chemistry, math and physics courses are on a U.S. transcript while meeting AAMC Core Competencies like Cultural Competence, Resilience and Adaptability, Capacity for Improvement, Human Behavior, et. al.
- Pre-med specific study abroad programs that include courses with clinical exposure, shadowing or volunteering, health-related research, etc. (Watch a video walk-through of the options.)
- Questions? Email the pre-health advisor (Alexis Catanzarite) and meet with the study abroad advisor for pre-med and pre-health students (Cami Ross)
Students can check back periodically for more preferred programs and four-year plans with a semester abroad as options will be added continuously.