In partnership with the navigators, each first-year undergraduate student is matched with a member of our Research Services team as their Personal Librarian (PL).
How can my Personal Librarian help me?
- Guide you through library services
- Keep you informed about resources and programs
- Answer questions about library policies and procedures
- Provide research assistance
- Develop search strategies
- Refer you to other campus departments as needed
- Schedule virtual meetings throughout the year
While we cannot replace advising roles on campus, we can refer you to appropriate individuals and offices as needed.
Research Services Librarians
Beyond their support for the Personal Librarian program, Research Services Librarians (RSLs) manage collections, provide resource instruction, and support research. RSLs are assigned to specific academic departments from the Case School of Engineering, the College of Arts & Sciences, and the Weatherhead School of Management.
Find contact information for your Research Services Librarian or use the Research Guide created for your area of research.
Our current Personal and Research Librarians:
Research Help and Consultation:
- Contact your Research Services Librarian for subject specialized consultation
- Contact a member of the Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship Team for technology, data, and software
- First-year students can contact their Personal Librarian
- Request a research appointment (by phone or over Zoom)
- We respond in less than 2 business days; may be longer during University closings
Live Chat or Instant Zoom:
- Live Chat: Use the chat box on this page to connect with a librarian online, via Zoom or text chat
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays)
- Dial: 216.368.3506
- Text Message: 216.220.8261