Why Give to the Library?
We've built the library of the future. Now it's time to consider the future of the library. The Kelvin Smith Library is where our students come to study, research, collaborate and get hands-on experience using digital tools and technologies. KSL makes knowledge accessible to current and future generations by obtaining and preserving information using our digital and physical resources.
Your gift, whether it is through the Imagine Fund, a planned gift or a major gift, is essential in enabling us to continue our mission to purchase new content, update our facilities and develop programs and services to respond to the changing needs and expectations of our user community.
How to Give
Online Credit Card
- Donate now on our secure website.
- Please make checks payable to Case Western Reserve University and send to Kelvin Smith Library, ATTN: Christine Klecic, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7151 and indicate to which fund you wish to support.
Over the Phone
- Contact Christine Klecic, Development Director, at 216-368-3510 to make a gift by credit card.
- Check the Matching Gifts Program to see if your employer or your spouse’s employer will match your gift.
Make a tribute gift in honor of or in memory of a loved one
- Please let us know the name of the person you are memorializing or honoring and a family contact name and address (for memorials), or the individual's name and address (for honorary gifts) so that they may be notified.
- If you are an employee of Case Western Reserve University, you may have an automatic deduction from your paycheck monthly. Print out and submit the Payroll Deduction Form to the address provided.
Make a long term commitment to KSL
- Support KSL with a legacy gift that can also provide you with tax savings. A planned gift may include bequests, wills, charitable gift annuities, life insurance or retirement plan beneficiary designations. Please follow this link for more information about Legacy Giving options or contact the Planned Giving office at 1.877.477.1143 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already included KSL in your estate plans, please let us know so we can invite you to the Luminary Society to recognize your generosity, and also to ensure the gift will be appropriately stewarded.
Gifts of Stocks of Bonds
- Donors need to contact their broker stating they want to gift (XXX) shares of (XXXXXX) stock(s) to Case Western Reserve University (Kelvin Smith Library) for this/these purpose(s)________. Donors' brokers should call the University Treasurer's Office at 216.368.3253 or 1.800.315.3863 for DTC transfer instructions.
- A direct transfer from your IRA to KSL is another way to make a gift. For more information: https://case.giftlegacy.com/?pageID=158