In partnership with the navigators, each first-year undergraduate student is matched with a member of our Research team as their Library Advisor.
How can my Library Advisor help me?
- Guide you through library services
- Keep you informed about resources and programs
- Answer questions about library policies and procedures
- Provide research assistance
- Develop search strategies
- Refer you to other campus departments as needed
- Schedule virtual meetings throughout the year
While we cannot replace advising roles on campus, we can refer you to appropriate individuals and offices as needed.
Beyond their support for the Library Advisor program, Research & Engagement Librarians (RELs) manage collections, provide resource instruction, and support research. RELs are assigned to specific academic departments from the Case School of Engineering, the College of Arts & Sciences, and the Weatherhead School of Management.
Our current Research Librarians and Library Advisors:
- Contact your Research Librarian for subject specialization
First-year students can also contact their Library Advisor
- Contact a member of the Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship Team for technology, data, and software
- Request a research appointment
Other ways to reach us:
School of Medicine and medical affiliates are encouraged to contact the Cleveland Health Sciences Library.
Live Chat or Zoom:
- Live Chat: Use the chat box on this page to connect with a librarian online via Zoom or text chat
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays)
- Dial: 216.368.3506
- Text Message: 216.220.8261