Wild Belize Escape
Trip Dates: Saturday, February 4, 2023 - Thursday, February 9, 2023
Leader Name: Patricia Princehouse, Director, Program in Evolutionary Biology, CWRU
- Double occupancy cabins start at $4,110 per person
- Single occupancy cabins start at $6,170
Trip Details & Highlights
Travel with CWRU to the Belize Barrier Reef, one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world, on this 6-Day/5-Night voyage. Experience the vibrant sea, home to the largest coral reef in the northern hemisphere, just recently taken off UNESCO's endangered list. Discover the tropical wonders of Belize on a voyage along the country’s coastline and reef system. Using the National Geographic Quest as your base for exploration, snorkel the colorful corals of the Belize barrier reef, skirt the shores of white-sand islands by kayak and stand-up paddleboard, and swim in turquoise lagoons teeming with marine life. Head inland to explore lush jungles on foot; and cruise coastal rivers in Zodiacs, seeking out howler monkeys and toucans in the surrounding rain forest canopy.
- Set out from the state-of-the-art National Geographic Quest to kayak and paddleboard turquoise lagoons, and board Zodiacs to cruise wildlife-rich coastal rivers.
- Spot turtles, rays, and rainbow-colored fish while snorkeling or diving the coral gardens of the Belize Barrier Reef.
- Join a naturalist for a hike in Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, the world’s first jaguar reserve and learn about the ongoing jaguar research projects at Cockscomb.
- Enjoy a festive drumming performance from the internationally acclaimed Garifuna Collective.
Luminary Society Members
CWRU’s Luminary Society members may receive additional discounts on CWRU Educational Travel programs. For further information on Luminary Society travel discounts only, please contact The Office of Strategic Giving or 216.368.4460.