Our mission is to reach out to support the homeless and needy in Northeast Ohio and let them know that someone cares by creating and distributing handmade items to help them keep warm during the harsh winter months. In 2017, we crafted more than 250 handmade items to donate to the Moriah House as well as the CARES program at Murtis Taylor Human Services System (MTHSS).
NEW in 2017: there is now a Crafters group in the Quad area! Crafters @ Case meets on the following days and locations (anytime between 12:30-1:30 pm):
- Mondays—W200E Library, Wood Bldg.
- Tuesdays—Nursing School 2nd floor across from the elevators
- Tuesdays—Sears Building, Conference room 640
- Wednesdays—W200E Library, Wood Bldg.
- Thursdays—Nursing School 2nd floor
- Thursdays—Nord Building 5th floor across from the elevator
NEW in 2017: Participation in Crafters @ Case is now recognized for its Wellness contributions to the University and Greater Cleveland communities. In order to qualify for the Wellness incentive, you must participate in the groups for at least 30 minutes, twice a week, over a minimum of 12 weeks.
The 2015 Holiday Sale was held on two days and resulted in $1,043 in sales and donations within 4 hours. More than 350,000 stitches were made in creating the more than 180 yarn-craft items offered for sale/donation. We also featured a new line of crafted items including ceramics and coasters. We were able to provide support to four causes. Here is the breakdown:
- $170 in checks was donated to the SAC Educational Enhancement Fund
- $900 in cash was donated to the Cleveland Food Bank/WKYC Double Your Dollar Day Telethon, and will provide 7,200 meals!!!
- Laura’s Home (City Mission) and St. Malachi each received 5 boxes (79 items) last Thursday, in plenty of time for distribution before Christmas!