The Fringe Benefits committee encompasses the following areas:
- Workers' Comp
- Health Insurance/Benelect
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Benefits
The employee benefits listed above comprise the CWRU Fringe Benefits rate calculation.
The Fringe Benefits Committee strives to serve as a conduit between the University community and the Staff Advisory Council by providing a means for staff to express concerns, ideas and suggestions to the appropriate University body.
The committee exists to achieve the following objectives:
- Suggests, comments and provides feedback on issues concerning fringe benefits for staff employees
- Draft resolutions to be formally presented to University leadership outlining priority issues to be addressed and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Promotes equality in the allocation of fringe benefits
- Works to educate staff about their available fringe benefits