Check out our Q&A's to get an idea of our current COVID-19 pandemic response.
The Student Organization Center is located on the first floor of the University Center, next to the Student Activities and Leadership office and behind the Grand Staircase.
Designed as a multipurpose room for student groups, the space is also home to four offices for the Undergraduate Student Government, University Program Board, Class Officer Collective and Graduate Student Council. Inside guests will find a kitchenette, two vending machines, shared printer and helium tanks. Its white tables and comfortable chairs, typically setup in a pod format for 30 people, can easily be configured to the numerous setup options detailed below. In addition to several whiteboards, the room also has an 82" television for presentations. The remote may be signed out at the Information Desk. When making a reservation, event organizers might also considering adding a lectern, laptop, conference phone or other equipment from our inventory (fees may apply).
The Student Organization Center can only be booked after 5 p.m. on weekdays and any time on the weekends. The Greek Life office is located in the adjacent area on the second floor and lacks any sound barrier.
With floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides, the space has scenic views of both East Bell Commons and the Nord Family Greenway. The room has automated windows shades on both the south and west sides, but not on the north side along Bellflower Road. On its exterior, an outdoor amphitheater is available for groups that want to take advantage of great weather while they meet. A digital room sign can also be found just outside the room to showcase the day's scheduled reservations and allows students the ability to reserve the room for study sessions if it's available.
Room Number: 150
Size: 2,131 square feet
|Rental Rates||Hourly Fee||Min. Fee|
|Nonprofit + Affiliate Groups||$75||$225|
|Setup Options||Distanced Capacity||Normal Capacity|
The University Center requires a minimum three hour fee when renting this space. For full details about rate qualifications and the reservation process, please see our policies.
Catering in the Student Organization Center
Student organizations using the Student Organization Center are allowed to bring in food from other university approved caterers with the following stipulations:
- All food must be consumed inside the room and no other space within the University Center.
- The maximum food budget for the event must be under $500.
- Food cannot be mass distributed. The amount of food cannot exceed that to be consumed by the maximum occupancy of the room (100 people).
- Student organizations must clean up any waste, leftovers and trash. Food may not be stored in the space after an event.
- External food vendors may not enter other food service areas of the University Center and food deliveries must occur been the hours of 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- This policy only applies to registered student organizations. University departments and external clients are still required to use Bon Appétit Catering for their events hosted in the Student Organization Center. Those found to be violating this policy will be subject to penalties.