Prepare to conduct and publish scholarly research across diverse social science disciplines by adding a Certificate of Achievement in Research Skills for Quantitative Methodologies (AQM) to your graduate studies.
Throughout this unique opportunity—co-sponsored by Weatherhead School of Management and Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing—you'll learn various techniques operated on structured numerical or unstructured text data, which help drive innovative quantitative methods for business and research. And, you’ll specialize in advanced analytics for applied research and study using statistical, mathematical, numerical or computational approaches.
Quantitative Methodologies Certificate at a Glance
The Weatherhead Way
At Case Western Reserve, you’ll study at one of the nation’s leading research universities—in one of the country’s most culturally robust neighborhoods. You’ll live and learn in a city known for industry and healthcare innovation, where nearly 40% of Fortune 500 companies are represented. You’ll learn breakthrough business concepts from the people who wrote the book on them.
- Learn more than just the core skills of business management,
- Discover yourself better as a person and as a leader, and
- Build the skills you need to reach beyond problem solving to solution innovation.
To qualify for the AQM certificate, you must successfully complete five approved 3-credit-hour quantitative methods courses offered on the Case Western Reserve campus, for a total of 15 credit hours, while earning a 3.5 GPA (or higher).
You must take one course each from Sets A and B; otherwise, any combination of courses from Sets A, B or C qualify for the certificate.
Set A: Approved quantitative methods courses at Weatherhead School of Management
- MGMT 571: Measurement theory and method
- MGMT 573: Applied multivariate data analysis
- EDMP 643: Foundations of quantitative research design
- EDMP 646: Advanced analytical methods
- EDMP 649: Causal analysis of business problems II
Set B: Approved quantitative methods courses at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- NURS 630: Advanced statistics: Linear models
- NURS 631: Advanced statistics: Multivariate analysis
- NURS 632: Advanced statistics: Structural equation modeling
Set C: Approved quantitative methods courses at other Case Western Reserve schools
- SASS 618: Measurement issues in quantitative research
- EPBI 500: Design and analysis of observational studies
- EPBI 435: Survival data analysis
- SOCI 525: Multilevel modeling
Note: You may need to meet prerequisites for the approved courses that they plan to apply toward the AQM certification. Certain courses are restricted to students enrolled in the Doctor of Management program at Weatherhead.