Sabbaticals and Leaves of Absence

Sabbatical/Leave of Absence

The Office of the Provost must approve sabbaticals and non-medical leaves following the approval process at the school level as described in the individual school’s bylaws and in accord with the school’s timetable.

Timeline: The requests must be submitted to the Office of the Provost with sufficient time for a response before the leave.

Medical Leave

The CWRU department of human resources administers medical leave. The Office of the Provost is not normally involved in medical leaves.

Sabbatical & Temporary Housing

If you are taking a sabbatical or leave of absence you may consider renting your property on a short-term basis. Our list of available rentals is updated regularly. If you wish to offer a property to include in the available listings, please see the guidelines and submission form.