Typically, Commencement Day at Case Western Reserve University includes the university-wide convocation, followed by eight separate diploma ceremonies. Due to circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 global pandemic, the university will host modified in-person graduation ceremonies in May 2021. The university convocation will be pre-recorded and available for viewing online.
Public health considerations require that we limit attendance only to graduates. Ceremonies will be livestreamed so family and friends can view them remotely.
If you need help identifying which degrees are conferred by each school, the complete degree list from each school is available here: Find Your Ceremony.
All events will take place outdoors on Freiberger Field, are limited to graduates only, and will include COVID-19 safety protocols.
Sunday, May 16, 2021 - View a recap of the Law & Medicine Commencement Ceremonies
- School of Law - 1:00 p.m.
- School of Medicine - 3:30 p.m.
Friday, May 28, 2021
- School of Dental Medicine - 9:30 a.m.
- School of Graduate Studies - 12:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 29, 2021
- Weatherhead School of Management (graduate & professional degrees) - 9:30 a.m.
- Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences - 12:30 p.m.
- Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing (graduate & professional degrees) - 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 30, 2021 - Undergraduate Studies Diploma Ceremonies
- 9:30 a.m. = In-person presentation of bachelor's degrees from the College of Arts and Sciences
- 1:00 p.m. = In-person presentation of bachelor's degrees from the Case School of Engineering, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, and Weatherhead School of Management