Know Before You Go

A hillside town overlooking water

Case Western Reserve offers many travel resources to support those traveling internationally on behalf of the university. While different offices offer different types of support, the Center for International Affairs is always available to help faculty, staff and students navigate the complexities of international travel. 

The Case Western Reserve Travel Office offers many areas of support for all types of travel, including international travel. From hotel discounts to transportation, the travel office is here to support all travelers on behalf of the university. 

The Travel Office's FAQs page is an excellent resource for questions about currency exchange, insurance, travel reimbursements and more. 

Because visa needs can vary when traveling abroad, CIBTvisas is the university's preferred vendor for visa processing. 

When traveling internationally, the CWRU community is urged to “travel clean.” That often means leaving in the United States any research data, materials, equipment, items, or technology which may be subject to export license laws as well as anything which may be vulnerable to loss, theft, or other privacy-related considerations. Consider the vulnerability of research data on your laptop and other electronic devices before taking them overseas. Then, take only that which has been published or is in the public domain. The Export Control Office can provide information and support.

Case Western Reserve provides all university international travelers with emergency international travel insurance. This insurance does not apply during personal travel. More information about the emergency international travel insurance can be found through the Case Western Reserve Office of Risk Management.

Remote work is work performed outside of the campus workplace, at times on devices or networks not belonging to or secured by the university. University Technology ([U]Tech) provides resources for traveling and working abroad