or browse the Catalog, Databases, or E-Journals directly

Interlibrary Loan

What is Interlibrary Loan?

Interlibrary loan, or ILL, are books or journal articles not owned by Case Western Reserve University that have been obtained from libraries at other institutions.

Before initiating any interlibrary loan transaction, please check the CWRU Library Catalog and the OhioLINK Catalog to see if the material is available though these means. You may also need to check the CWRU e-journals Portal to determine if a journal article is available electronically.

How do I submit an Interlibrary Loan Request?

Interlibrary loan services are offered at each of the four main CWRU libraries. Please see below to determine which library is your home for ILL.


Kelvin Smith Library serves the students, faculty, and staff of:

  • College of Arts and Sciences
  • Case School of Engineering
  • Weatherhead School of Management
  • CWRU Central Administration Offices


Log In To Kelvin Smith Library ILL


Cleveland Health Sciences Library serves the students, faculty, and staff of:

  • School of Medicine
  • School of Nursing
  • School of Dental Medicine
  • All Health Science Related Departments


Log In To Cleveland Health Sciences Library ILL


Ben C. Green Law Library serves the members of:

  • School of Law


Log In To Law Library ILL


Lillian F. & Milford J. Harris Library serves the members of:

  • Mandel School for Applied Social Sciences


Log In To MSASS Harris Library ILL



If you are having trouble with your Kelvin Smith Library interlibrary loan account, questions can be sent to OR call ILL staff at 216-368-3463 or 216-368-3517. OhioLINK questions may be directed to the Kelvin Smith Library Service Center at 216-368-3506.