What is the Asset Management (AM) module?
The PeopleSoft Financials Asset Management module integrates with e-Procurement, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger. The Asset Management module contains major equipment over $5,000 and other Fixed Assets.
- Fixed Assets: Items purchased or constructed with respect to buildings or land and have a useful life of greater than one year.
- Major Equipment: A category within Fixed Assets. Includes movable items with an aggregate cost of $5,000 or greater, such as servers, office machines, research equipment, vehicles or furniture.
What is the benefit to the university?
- The Asset Management module provides an efficient and accurate way to track equipment and fixed assets.
- Asset Management increases the accuracy of the financial reporting of assets and depreciation.
- The module allows seamless data flow from e-Procurement and Accounts Payable to the Asset Management module.