What is SmartCART?
SmartCART is a Convenient, Advanced, Requisitioning Tool used by CWRU Purchasing to acquire goods from contracted vendors. All products and vendors enabled on the SmartCART platform have been issued a central contract with exclusive CWRU pricing that is available only through the SmartCART application. SmartCART is integrated with PeopleSoft Financials and can be accessed two ways.
- The first way is by beginning in PeopleSoft Financials with a requisition. Users can punch out to SmartCART to shop for goods from multiple vendors at one time. Once they have filled their cart, it can be brought back into PeopleSoft Financials where the accounting information (speedtype, account number) is assigned and submitted for approval. Once the requisition is approved and the Purchase Order is created, it is transmitted from SmartCART to the vendor for fulfillment.
- The second way to access the shopping site is as a Window Shopper. A Window Shopper is someone who does not have access to PeopleSoft Financials as a requisitioner but has knowledge of the goods that need to be ordered. For example, a lab manager may know the specific products and supplies needed in the office, but does not have the authority to create requisitions in PeopleSoft Financials. This person could be set up as a Window Shopper to expedite the ordering process. Window Shoppers will access the SmartCART portal through this weblink but must first be set up with Procurement. The process to become a window shopper is to complete both the online training, and complete the Window Shopper access request form (can link to this on our forms page).
Another feature of the SmartCART platform allows users (both Window Shoppers and PS Fin Requestors) to easily track the status of their orders and research previous orders within the SmartCART application. This functionality can be accessed by utilizing the Document Search feature from the left-hand navigation within SmartCART. Use of SmartCART allows users to shop from multiple vendors at one time and streamlines the requisitioning process. Window Shoppers, access SmartCART. Do not use SmartCART if you have PeopleSoft Financials.
How to Become a SMARTCART Window Shopper
To sign up to become a Window Shopper, take the online training at Adobe Connect. Make sure to finish all slides after the quiz.
Additionally, complete the Window Shopper online access form (Google Spreadsheet). This is for Window Shoppers only, not PeopleSoft Financials users.
SmartCART Affiliate Forms
Four local hospital partners are enabled with forms on SmartCART to expedite the expense transfer processes with these partners. All payments being made to affiliate hospitals (Metro Health, Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals and the Cleveland VA Medical Center) should be initiated on a requisition utilizing these SmartCART forms. The detailed statement should be attached to your requisition to ensure appropriate payment.
- CWRU Affiliate Form Quick Reference Guide
- SmartCART workaround for known issue with items stuck in shopping cart
- These are items that will not clear between sessions, and need to be manually removed by initiating a new cart.
For additional information or questions/concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org