Institutions of higher education are uniquely positioned to engage in difficult dialogue and everyone at Case Western Reserve University should feel safe to discuss complex issues, while feeling heard and respected.
Please join Provost Ben Vinson III for two events this month as panels of experts unearth the complexities of Race & Racism and Conflicts in the Middle East. Both events will take place in the Tinkham Veale University Center, Ballroom A. Light refreshments will be provided.
Race & Racism
Friday, Jan. 27, from 1-2 p.m.
- Ayesha Bell Hardaway, Co-Director, Social Justice Institute, Associate Professor of Law and Director, Social Justice Law Center, School of Law
- Jonathan Sadowsky, Chair and Theodore J. Castele Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of History
- Robert Solomon, Vice President, Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity
Conflicts in the Middle East
Tuesday, Jan. 31, from 1-2 p.m.
- Avidan Cover, Professor of Law, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Director, Institute for Global Security Law and Policy, Frederick K. Cox International Law Center, School of Law
- Maysan Haydar, Assistant Professor of History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Paul Tiyambe Zeleza, Associate Provost and Visiting Professor, Siegal Lifelong Learning and Cleveland College