Green Your Room
There are so many ways that we can each make a difference for the Earth. Individual actions make a big impact on energy reduction, water usage, local purchases, reducing consumption, trashing less and recycling more. Your res hall room isn't any different.
Check out the Res Hall Association's Example Green Room to get started.
More Green Living Tips for Your Res Hall
- Fill empty spaces of your fridge or freezer with bottles filled with water. It takes less energy to cool water than air.
- Use wool dryer balls in the clothes dryer to decrease drying time.
- Wash clothes on cold.
- Look into smart powerstrips or turning powerstrips off to stop vampire power loads from trickling use overtime.
- Seek out a sunny room to study or hang out instead of turning on lights during the day.
- Turn out the lights when you leave a room.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator when you are able.
- Water your plants with water leftover from your water bottle or even soapy water from the sink.
- Only wash full loads of laundry and dishes to save water and energy.