The Weatherhead School of Management admissions team is committed to recruiting a community of students with diverse perspectives and a range of educational, professional and life experiences. These experiences, along with demonstrated student excellence, enrich the dialogue and teamwork in the classroom. We look for top-quality applicants who are interested and interesting.
Executive MBA Application Process Overview
- Create an application, or log in using your username and password to continue your application.
- Upload the required documents. During the admissions review process, we accept both unofficial documents uploaded to your application or official documents sent to us in official routes. (If you are admitted and choose to matriculate, we’ll need the official documents then, and we’ll send you further instructions).
- When your application is finished, click “submit” to pay your non-refundable application fee
- After clicking “submit,” you will not be able to make any changes to your application form, resume or essays, but you will be able to log back in later to upload transcripts and test scores. All required documents must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Once your application is complete, you may receive an invitation to interview. Interviews are by invitation only.
Note: Any application that remains incomplete at the end of the admissions period will be withdrawn.
Tuition and Financial Assistance
The current EMBA total program investment for candidates beginning fall 2023 is $118,460. This includes tuition, books and class materials, all catered meals, snacks and beverages during the class sessions, covered parking and most costs associated with the weeklong international immersion trip in the summer between year one and year two (except plane ticket).
Tuition is invoiced by the university in five installments: Fall one, spring one, summer, fall two and spring two. For more detailed information about tuition, financial assistance and scholarship opportunities, please click here or contact Director of Admissions Steve Scheidt.
Executive MBA Application Qualifications
Qualified applicants to the Weatherhead EMBA program should match the following descriptions:
- Potential for career advancement to a senior managerial position
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment
- Time and willingness to make a two-year commitment to attend classes, study group meetings and other required activities
- Evidence of the ability to complete graduate-level coursework
Executive MBA Application Requirements
- When reviewing your profile for admission consideration, the Weatherhead School of Management admissions team requires the following:
- One free-response short essay (prompts are within the online application)
- Current resume
- Two Recommenders
- As part of submitting your application, you will be required to enter the names, relationship and contact information of two recommenders. We reserve the right to contact your recommenders directly if we need more information about you as a candidate for this program.
- Application fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Detailed instructions are available in our online application.
*If you do not have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, you will be required to take the GMAT (Code is WTJ-F1-47) or GRE (Code is 1105).
Executive MBA Application Deadlines
Executive MBA admissions is ongoing throughout the year for the incoming class, which starts in September 2023. Enrollment will continue through spring and into summer 2023. After the application is submitted and personal interview completed, candidates can expect a decision on admission within one week. EMBA applicants should be enrolled by Aug. 1.
Weatherhead Executive MBA Program Dates
The residency dates for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 academic year are listed below. New EMBA students will participate in a half-day virtual orientation on Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2023.
- Sept. 6 (Afternoon team building session for new students)
- Sept. 7-9
- Oct. 5-7
- Nov. 9-11
- Dec. 7-9
- Jan. 11-13
- Feb. 7-10 (On Wednesday of the February residency, EMBA students participate in an offsite experiential learning day)
- March 7-9
- April 11-13
- Sept. 4 (Afternoon team building session for new students)
- Sept. 5-7
- Oct. 3-5
- Nov. 7-9
- Dec. 12-14
- Feb. 5-8 (On Wednesday of the February residency, EMBA students participate in an offsite experiential learning day
- March 6-7
- April 10-12
Meet the Team
Stephen ScheidtDirector of AdmissionsSenior RecruiterWeatherhead School of Management
Dan ReinApplication and Enrollment CoordinatorWeatherhead School of Management