Designed to prepare students to be patent agents, this program is one of only a few in the United States and is an alternative to the three-year juris doctor degree. Because students who sit for the patent bar exam must have a degree in engineering, computer science or a physical or biological degree, this program is geared toward innovators who want to help others.
Your learning experience will be rooted in the foundational management principles necessary to lead with confidence, paired with customization in your areas of interest to establish you as a distinctive, confident candidate for job placement upon graduation.
Master of Science in Biology, Physics, or Chemistry
STEP offers a true blend of disciplines in a one-year Master of Science program. The entrepreneurial biotechnology, physics entrepreneurship and chemistry entrepreneurship options in STEP include courses on finance, intellectual property commercialization and technology innovation.
A collaboration between the Case School of Engineering and Weatherhead School of Management offers a one-year, 14-course program for a Master of Engineering and Management that gives students significant interaction with industry partners.
Entrepreneurship Themed Classes
- Entrepreneurial Finance - BAFI 444
- AMES Business Models - MGMT 495
- Beyond Silicon Valley (Online elective) - MGMT 465
- International Institute (Startup Consulting Projects) - MGMT 458
- Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship - MBAP 409
- Managing in the Global Economy: Exploring Social Entrepreneurship - MGMT 460
- Entrepreneurship and Personal Wealth Creation - DESN419
- Commercialization and Intellectual Property Management (FUSION) - MGMT 467
- Economics of Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship - ENTP 428
- New Venture Finance
- Engineering Entrepreneurship - IIME 450
- Technology Entrepreneurship: Market Opportunity
- Translational Research for Biomedical Engineers - EBME 440
- Principles of Medical Device Design and Innovation
- BioDesign: Process of Innovating New Medical Technology - EBME 472
- Introduction to Translational Health Technology
- Product and Process Design and Implementation - EPOM 403
- Contemporary Biology and Biotech for Innovation - BIOL 492
- Feasibility and Tech Analysis
- Modern Physics for Innovation - PHYS 491
- Technology Based Venture Creation
- Venture Finance and Transactions
- Intellectual Property Venture Clinic
- Intellectual Property Strategy
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Management in Advanced Nursing Practice