Nancy Issa is Case Western Reserve's Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer and is responsible for confirming students' eligibility to participate in the program.


Call 216.368.6581 or
email nancy.issa@case.edu
Contact the Office of Financial Aid.

Dependents of Faculty/Staff from Case Western Reserve (Exports)

Tuition Exchange Scholarships cover either full tuition, one-half tuition for a non-resident at a public institution or a rate set by the Tuition Exchange. They may not cover special fees, course overloads, or room and board charges. Private institutions that charge more than $41,000 annually for tuition are permitted to award less than their full tuition, but not less than the set rate of $41,000 annually.

Who is eligible?

Tuition Exchange is available to first-time first-year, transfer and continuing students without a bachelor’s degree who meet the dependent child criteria defined in the Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit requirements. 

Eligibility will be determined based on continuous, full-time, benefits-eligible service at CWRU.

Are all eligible students guaranteed a scholarship?

Tuition Exchange Scholarships are not guaranteed, nor is admission guaranteed at member institutions. Eligible dependent students of CWRU faculty and staff will be evaluated for admission and awarded Tuition Exchange Scholarships based on the criteria of the university to which they are applying.

How many semesters does the scholarship cover?

Tuition Exchange Scholarships certified by Case Western Reserve University typically cover four years or eight semesters of undergraduate education, but this should be confirmed by the host college or university. Dependent children are eligible to receive up to eight combined semesters of Tuition Exchange Scholarship and Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit, so utilization of a Tuition Exchange Scholarship reduces a dependent child's benefit available under the Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit program.

Application Procedure

Students apply to colleges or universities following all processes, deadlines and conditions set by the host institution. All scholarship offers are determined solely by the host institution.

1. This form must be completed by the employee seeking consideration for a Tuition Exchange Scholarship for his/her dependent. Please return this form to the Department of Human Resources either via email at AskHR@case.edu. Authorization must be obtained from Human Resources by July 1. Eligibility Certifications will be submitted by Human Resources to the Office of Financial Aid, and employees will be notified by the Office of Financial Aid if they are eligible for certification.

2. The Office of University Financial Aid will notify employees regarding their eligibility for certification.

3. Those who are eligible for certification must submit a Tuition Exchange application to the Office of University Financial Aid when the student is applying for admission. CWRU cannot process applications received after July 1 before the fall term for which the student plans to enroll in college. (Note that the host institution may have an earlier deadline.)

The host school or schools will evaluate your Tuition Exchange application. The number of scholarships offered, selection process and notification date are determined by the host school.

First-year students should be notified of their admission status by May 1. If you have not heard from a specific school or want additional information, contact the school directly about the Tuition Exchange Scholarships at that institution.

If the student is awarded a Tuition Exchange Scholarship, notify the CWRU Tuition Liaison Officer in the Office of University Financial Aid of acceptance or refusal of the award as soon as a decision is made, and no later than July 15.

Scholarship Renewal

Host institution retention policies take priority over CWRU policies. The employee must maintain eligibility for 100 percent CWRU dependent tuition benefit and maintain continuous employment at CWRU. Tuition Exchange eligibility is for up to four years within a five-year period that begins with the first semester of scholarship.

A student who does not use the Tuition Exchange Scholarship for three consecutive semesters shall forfeit eligibility and must reapply for certification.

A student awarded the Tuition Exchange Scholarship must meet the minimum academic standards of the school attended for continuation of the award, and the student must abide by all regulations of the institution of enrollment.

Continued receipt of the scholarship requires an annual certification of eligibility by CWRU to the host institution. If there is a change in the student’s enrollment (i.e. withdrawal from classes, early graduation, etc.) the CWRU employee must notify the Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer at Case Western Reserve University.

The annual certification will be completed in the summer. The Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer will confirm the parent’s continued eligibility with Human Resources and contact the recipient of a Tuition Exchange Scholarship to confirm the student’s continued undergraduate enrollment at the host school. If the student’s school requires earlier notification, the student or parent must contact the Office of Human Resources and the Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer.

If an employee ceases to be employed by Case Western Reserve University while the dependent is receiving a Tuition Exchange Scholarship from another institution, the student will retain the award for the academic year. The student’s eligibility will terminate at the conclusion of the academic year.

Questions concerning the Tuition Exchange Program should be directed to the Office of University Financial Aid at financialaid@case.edu or 216.368.4530.

Questions concerning employee eligibility should be directed to Benefits Administration at askhr@case.edu or 216.368-6964.