(Contributes to CWRU Pathway 4)
Our staff is our most important and unique resource. They facilitate operations and services, engage with patrons and colleagues, and provide a broad range of expertise. By providing our staff with opportunities for professional development and growth within a stimulating, inclusive, and appreciative environment, they can flourish. In doing so we can enhance our impact on the campus community.
- Realign the current organizational structure to reflect operational connections, align current services, and address gaps in operations.
- Reset organizational knowledge and expectations by establishing an operational charter for each area which outlines mission and vision for each team. Review job descriptions, goals, and expectations.
- Revise the librarian and library assistant series job families to adequately reflect the work of the staff, allow for growth, and increase flexibility.
- Review and revise the broadband promotion process for librarians, clarify the process, create a timeline, and make all documentation accessible.
- Develop a recognition program for KSL staff.
- Establish an internal organizational records management and communication strategy to increase transparency and access to information.
- Develop training to expand knowledge across the organization.
- Implement the CWRU Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging recommendations to enhance the environment for staff and the community.
- Develop recommendations to address Gallup survey results.